sâmbătă, 30 iunie 2012

Heo Young Saeng discusses his ‘Solo’ comeback and SS501′s future


Having made his return with his ‘Solo‘ mini-album, SS501‘s Heo Young Saeng recently sat down withIlgan Sports for an interview discussing his latest activities and plans in terms of SS501′s future.
Check it out below!
Q. “Why did you choose your album’s title as ‘Solo’?”
“There are various meanings to it. The lyrics to the title track are about what happened to a man after a break up, and I felt that fit with my situation as I tried to stand on my own, away from SS501. I participated in the production of the album and spent a lot of time on it. It’s an album that I truly worked hard on, on my own.”
Q. “What is your title track ‘Crying‘ like?”
“I loved it the moment I first received it. The ladies especially had a good reaction to it. I think I love the song more because I penned the lyrics myself. It reminds me of my own story of when I broke up three years ago. I went through a lot of heartache then, and every song I listened to at the time felt like my own story. The song reminded me of when I felt so miserable about not being able to hold her back.”
Q. “It took you a year to release your second album since your first solo debut album.”
“I didn’t think it’d take this long either. I was pressured with the second album thinking that I had to make it better than the first. I wanted to show improvement most of all. From the album’s beginning, I participated in collecting the songs and producing it. It was difficult to the point where I almost suffered from depression, but I was able to overcome it.”
Q. “During that time, you also worked in a musical and sitcom.”
“I starred in the musical ‘The Three Musketeers‘. I was worried at first and was determined to clear my heart and learn from the beginning. The more I did it, the more I wanted to improve and get better. The last performance made me feel empty, so much so that I cried. On KBS 2TV‘s ‘I Need a Fairy‘, I play the role of a Hallyu star. Although I’m still lacking, I feel that there’s a lot of charm to acting.”
Q. “Are you dating?”
“When I like someone, I’m not able to focus on anything else. I know that so I try not to let myself fall into that trap. For now, work comes first. I believe in the saying that a man’s skills should come first because you’re always able to find someone nice to settle down with after you’ve found success.”
Q. “Is there any competition between the SS501 members?”
“There is friendly competition. Since Hyun Joong made a position for himself first and got a lot of public recognition, people think that we’d be jealous of him, but it’s not true. Recently, all of the members had a lot of free time so we met one another often. We’d grab a drink and discuss the future of SS501. Of course, Hyun Joong is the one who foots the bills.”
Q. “Will SS501 get back together?”
“We were stimulated by Shinhwa reuniting. I was watching them guest on a talk show after their comeback and suddenly received texts from all of the SS501 members asking, ‘Are you watching this?’ It made me realize that we were truly one. I think we’ve lost a chance to reunite once because it was so hard to balance our time schedules. I think the next perfect time would be when we all get discharged from the army.”
Source + Photos: Ilgan Sports vi

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu