vineri, 4 decembrie 2015

INTERVIEW WITH YANG HYUN SUK

(We omitted non-Big Bang related questions)
YANG made BIG BANG further consolidate their status as Korea’s best idol group, and successfully launched rookie group iKON. “World-star” PSY is sweeping music charts once again, while the project for CL’s solo debut in the United States is being proceeded smoothly. Plus, YG has completed contract renewal with PSY and BIG BANG, YG’s leading artists. YG artists rode high and YANG has always given his best help.
The climax that best-showed such enormous success of YG for this year was “Mnet Asian Music Awards”. BIG BANG took the best song award and best singer award, which are two of the three grand prizes given in the awards. The finale of the festival was given by PSY and the hottest issue created by the festival was 2NE1 who appeared on the stage out of nowhere. Group iKON also proved the big potential of themselves as a “monstrous rookie”, singing three songs in a row.
– You have renewed the contract with BIG BANG and PSY, the two most popular artists of YG.
“You know, the only YG artists who can call me a brother are BIG BANG and PSY. The others call me president, I don’t know why but that may be because they are much younger than me. Haha. What I mean is that even after these guys retire or move to another company, they will still be my brothers. As such, I have a big trust for them. If parents have their child get married, they will not live with the child any longer, but that does not mean that they are not family, for example. In some sense, because our relationship was not based on business in the first place, this kind of deep bond is possible. I met and communicated with BIG BANG every day from the days they were trainees. PSY had had a hard time before he joined YG, so he is used to difficulties he could face while working in this industry. So, it is easy to work with him. I and PSY always say to each other, ‘Even after we retire, we’re still together’. So, we’re like close friends”.
– BIG BANG played bigger role than expected for this year, too.
“BIG BANG means a lot to me. Plus, they have always been the best group for me. I thought myself, if I could ever produce a boy group like them again. I sometimes think maybe I cannot. Looking at these guys singing in the music awards, I was really impressed. They just changed the temperature of the awards. Of course I doubt if I could ever produce a group like them again”.
– You put most of your focus on BIG BANG this year.
“I have this absolute trust in BIG BANG. They are always good on any kind of stage. I’ve been working with them for nine years and for Jiyong and Taeyang, I first met them 15 years ago. What is really surprising for me is the fact that they grow year after year. You know, everyone has ups and downs, but this guys have had only ups so far. Now, I feel even relieved when they are on the stage. That feels really rewarding. This year, four months of promotions were carried out by BIG BANG. That was the highest priority project for YG and I was really happy to see good responses. I did my best for BIG BANG and BIG BANG did more than expected. Fans enjoyed BIG BANG’s music and performance with all their passion. Everything were in a perfect harmony, I guess”.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu